One thing that everyone dislikes when they are going on a holiday is relying on a service that rents vehicles. Whether you plan to rent a car or a boat while on holiday, it can be very annoying to use those vehicles with a bunch of restrictions and not to mention the stress of bringing them back in the perfect condition you rented them in.
Well, what if we told you that there is quite an easy way to avoid renting vehicles when you are going on a holiday within Australia? While interstate shipping and importing were quite complicated in the past, as they were also expensive, that is completely different today. A lot of people are taking advantage of enjoying their own vehicles while on vacation, and if you are still skeptical, here are some benefits.
You will save a lot of money
It could potentially be very cost-effective to travel on vacation with your own car. You won’t have to worry about rental prices, transit costs, or any other fees when you utilise your own vehicle. This can be a huge benefit, particularly in well-traveled areas where the expense of transportation can pile up quickly. Additionally, you’ll have the freedom to select more economical lodgings, some of which might be found away from the busiest tourist districts. Additionally, you’ll save money on eating out because you can shop at the grocery store to prepare your own meals if you have the appropriate supplies or you can bring your own food and beverages. You will be able to make your own plans and explore sights at your own convenience without being constrained by public transportation timetables if you have a vehicle. In general, driving your own car can be a wonderful method to cut costs while travelling, as well as give you more freedom and flexibility to explore your destination at your own pace.
Also, something that everyone will agree with is that when you go on vacation, you will always find all kinds of things that you would like to purchase and take back home. Whether it is something for yourself or for one of your friends in the form of a souvenir, by using domestic shipping Australia, you will certainly make it easier for yourself to afford that wanted item. Shipping a car across the country is almost always a cheaper alternative unless you are planning to completely avoid using a vehicle when on holiday. But in that case, you will probably have to plan things out even more carefully, and you might even be surprised by certain transportation fees.
No Need To Get Used To A New Vehicle
One advantage of driving your own car on vacation is that you won’t have to adjust to a new vehicle. It might be stressful to learn how to use a rental car’s handling, braking, and other capabilities, especially if you’re in an unfamiliar location. You are already accustomed to the functions and features of your own vehicle when you use it. As you won’t have to worry about getting used to a new vehicle, this might make your vacation more pleasant and relaxed. Additionally, driving your own car can be particularly advantageous if you’re taking kids or pets with you. They will be more at ease during the trip because they are already accustomed to the car. Without having to worry about whether they will fit in a rental car, you may also load the vehicle with any necessary supplies or equipment, such as car seats, pet carriers, or camping gear.
Every vehicle has its own feel, and if you have tried a few different cars, you probably know this already. Of course, while the difference is nothing major, just the fact that there is something which makes every person a bit uncomfortable when they are driving a car in which they have no experience. You might get lucky and rent the same vehicle which you drive at your vacation destination, but we all know that it just won’t feel the same. So take the one in your driveway, and make sure it’s well-maintained and has useful accessories like car seat covers, emergency kit, and GPS system. More importantly, make sure to check for any state-imposed travel restrictions.
Avoid Stressing About A Rented Vehicle
Renting a car can be stressful, but using your own vehicle on vacation can help you avoid that worry. When you use a rented vehicle, you have to worry about all kinds of things, and most importantly, you have to make sure that it does not get damaged in any way. While you will definitely worry about the same things when it comes to your vehicle, in case there is some damage, handling your own, which is under insurance, is much easier and more relaxing than the one you were renting. It may be challenging to truly enjoy your vacation as a result of this stress. By contrast, if you drive your own car, none of these problems apply to you. You are aware of the vehicle’s characteristics and how it works, and you already have insurance. Due to the fact that it is your own vehicle, you won’t have to worry about any additional fees or costs, and any relatively minor damages or wear and tear won’t be of concern. Using your own vehicle also allows you to bring any necessary goods, such as a GPS, charging cords, or an emergency kit, with you. You won’t need to be concerned about whether the rental car has these features or whether you will have to pay extra for them.
Drive On Your Own Terms
Something that no one enjoys, especially when on a holiday vacation, is to be limited. While it is quite rare for a renting company to restrict you to certain areas, it can happen. In most cases, the restrictions will come on time and the gas you can spend, as you will usually have to return the vehicle and possibly swap it for a different one while having it completely filled up.
When you ship your own vehicle, you can easily use it wherever you want and however, you want. You do not have to worry about bringing it back and swapping it for a different one if there is one available, that is, and you do not have to fill up the tank until it is full, either. People choose to travel using their own vehicle because it has better fuel efficiency and is electrically powered like the list of the best hybrid cars to buy in 2022 which means more savings during road travel.
Don’t Have Your Own Boat? Import One!
If you happen to be going on vacation somewhere where you can take advantage of going out into the ocean for a bit, you should definitely consider bringing a boat. There are quite a lot of boats you can get in Australia, but usually, there are much better deals if you decide to import a boat from somewhere else. Not to mention that the selection is much bigger too.
While there are a lot of places that do offer boat rentals as well, they can be quite expensive, and during the holiday season, it is not unusual for popular locations to be completely out of rentable boats. By importing your own and then shipping it with your vehicle, you are locked in to have a vehicle for both land and the sea, which is the perfect combination for an unforgettable vacation.
Safety Tips For Driving Your Own Vehicle On A Holiday Road Trip
It could possibly be exciting and pleasurable to take a holiday road trip in your own car, but in order to make the trip safe and enjoyable, safety must come first. Here are some tips for security that you should keep in mind when taking a holiday road trip in your own car:
- Get Your Vehicle Checked: Before hitting the road, it’s crucial to have your vehicle inspected to ensure it’s in top condition. An experienced mechanic can check important components such as the engine oil, brakes, lights, and tyre pressure, among others. This preventive measure can help you avoid any potential device failures or mishaps while driving. Don’t take any chances with your safety and get your vehicle checked before your next journey.
- Plan Your Route: To ensure a smooth journey, it’s always a good idea to plan your route ahead of time. Take a moment to check for any potential road closures or construction that may cause unexpected delays. Additionally, keep an eye on the weather forecast and adjust your route accordingly to avoid any extreme weather conditions that may make driving difficult or dangerous, such as heavy rain, snowstorms, or high winds. By taking these simple steps, you can help ensure a safe and stress-free journey.
- Share Your Itinerary: Before embarking on your travels, it’s important to share your itinerary with a trusted individual, such as a family member or friend. By doing so, you can ensure that someone knows your whereabouts and can check in on you if needed. In the event that you don’t arrive at your destination as planned, your trusted contact can take appropriate action, including notifying emergency services if necessary.
- Take Breaks: When embarking on a long drive, it’s crucial to remember to take breaks. Driving for extended periods can be exhausting, so it’s essential to rest, stretch, and recharge regularly. Experts recommend taking a break every two to three hours to avoid fatigue and maintain focus on the road. Additionally, it’s best to avoid driving at night whenever possible, as this can further increase the risk of driver fatigue.
- Wear Seat Belts: Seat belts are an essential safety feature in any vehicle. They can greatly reduce the risk of serious injury or even death in the event of an accident. It is important to make sure that all passengers in your vehicle wear their seat belts at all times and that you follow all traffic rules and regulations to ensure everyone’s safety on the road.
- Pack an Emergency Kit: It’s always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to unexpected events on the road. That’s why it’s important to pack an emergency kit in your car. This kit should include essential items such as a first aid kit, flashlight, extra batteries, water, snacks, and a spare tire. With these items on hand, you’ll be better prepared to handle any situation that comes your way while driving.
- Avoid Distractions: To ensure your safety and the safety of others on the road, it’s crucial to avoid distractions while driving. This means refraining from using your phone, eating, or participating in any other activities that may take your attention away from the road. Stay focused and alert to prevent accidents and ensure a safe driving experience.
- Be Prepared for Emergencies: Being prepared for emergencies is crucial in ensuring your safety and the safety of those around you. It’s important to have important phone numbers, such as emergency services and roadside assistance, readily available. Additionally, knowing basic vehicle maintenance tasks like changing a tire or jump-starting a battery can be extremely helpful in emergency situations. By being prepared, you can stay calm and take appropriate action when faced with unexpected situations.
Taking a trip in your own car can be a great way to cut costs, reduce stress, and have a more enjoyable and flexible trip. You won’t need to stress about paying for transportation, renting a car, or getting used to a new car. You can also carry your own supplies and equipment and opt for less expensive lodgings away from busy tourist regions. You’ll have more freedom and flexibility to explore your destination at your own pace without being constrained by the schedules of public transit if you drive yourself there. Therefore, travelling independently allows you to have the greatest vacation possible that is suited to your own requirements and preferences without any additional stress or anxieties.
Also, interstate shipping is becoming a lot more popular these days, and the reason is that there are simply too many advantages that it offers. This is especially the case if you want to explore a bit around your holiday destination or have a road trip back home with your family.