Table of Contents
The start of a new year is the perfect time to do some self-reflection. It’s also the ideal opportunity to experiment with your style and give yourself an entirely new look for 2023. If you’re looking for easy ways to update your look this year, we’ve rounded up our favorite tips from celebrities and Instagram stars on how they always manage to look their best. From switching up your hair color to adding some texture, here are ten simple ways you can completely change your style in just a few minutes:
Try A New Color
It’s a new year, and you’re ready for it. You’ve started the year off with a bang by clearing out your closet of clothes that don’t fit, or that you haven’t worn in years. You’ve also decluttered so that everything in your home is either useful or beautiful. Now it’s time to update your look for the new year.
If you’re looking for easy ways to update your look for the new year, we’ve got some great suggestions for you:
– Try wearing a color that you’ve never worn before. If you always wear black, try hot pink or navy blue instead! You’ll be surprised at how much more confident you feel when you look good.
– Go au naturel with your makeup. When was the last time you tried going without mascara? Or lipstick? We bet it’s been a while which means this is an excellent opportunity to try something different.
– Try something new in your hair. Take inspiration from the latest trends and have fun experimenting with different hairstyles until something clicks.
You’ll be amazed by how much better you feel after giving yourself a fresh start with these easy ways to update your look.
Switch Up Your Haircut
A new hairstyle can instantly make you feel like a brand-new person. Whether you’re heading to the salon for some serious hair advice or simply updating your shears at home, here’s how to find the perfect cut:
- Find a good stylist like this barber in Southport. A haircut is the most important thing when it comes to looking good, so make sure that you’re getting it from someone who knows what they’re doing. First things first: If you have any friends who have gotten amazing haircuts recently, ask them where they went! Make sure that their stylist has experience with your hair type and texture; for example, if your hair is curly but not very thick, then perhaps ask for a stylist who specializes in cutting curly hair. Once you’ve found someone with skills (and hopefully lots of knowledge), set up an appointment for yourself and go get cut.
- What kind of hairstyle should I get? Now that we’ve narrowed down your search criteria, it’s time to narrow down what type of haircut is best suited for you. If this feels overwhelming, don’t worry, the best way is just by experimenting until something clicks into place. Try different lengths and textures until something looks right on you rather than following trends blindly without thinking about whether or not they suit you as a person who happens to wear clothes sometimes too.
Play With Accessories
The new year is a great time to try something new. After all, it’s not like you have to commit to the changes forever, you can always go back to your old routine. But if you want to give yourself the gift of trying out something new, start with accessories.
Accessories can be incredibly versatile and easy to play with. You can swap them out whenever you feel like it, so don’t worry about committing if you don’t like how one looks on you or feels in real life. Plus, they’re super-affordable, you can probably buy a whole new look for under $10.
Here are some ideas:
1) Try a different color of nail polish or lipstick. It’ll give people around you something fun to talk about and will help keep them from noticing any other changes in your appearance (like new highlights).
2) Wear larger jewelry pieces than usual. This works especially well if your outfit already has some elements of boldness going on the bigger jewelry will draw attention away from those details and make them pop even more.
3) Make sure that whatever shoes you wear are clean and polished well before leaving the house (or even putting them on).
Soften Your Liner
If you’re a little bit of a liner junkie, try swapping out your liquid or gel liner for a pencil. Pencil liners are easy to apply if you’re not used to wearing them and can give the same smoky effect.
If you’re still leaning towards liquid or gel liner, consider trying out one of the many new cream formulas on the market that go on smooth like a dream and stay put all day long. If it’s still too much effort for you to use pencils, try using an old-fashioned cotton swab dipped in some makeup remover solution (like Bioderma) instead of your finger or Q-tip when dealing with smudging mistakes.
Forgo Eyeliner AltogetherEyeliner is a great way to update your look, but sometimes it can be tricky. If you have trouble getting the line just right, or if you’ve never even tried it, we have some easy tips that will make it easier to get started. First, start by using a pencil liner rather than liquid or gel. This will help you get the hang of the shape and thickness of the line before moving on to something more permanent. You can also use a brush if you prefer. Next, practice drawing little lines on your hand or arm before trying it on your face. This will give you an idea of how thick your line should be and how much pressure is required to draw it. Once you’ve got that down, take a look at our tips for making sure your makeup stays put all day long.
Go For It With Glitter
When you think of glitter, you probably think of your favorite makeup artist or the person who helped you celebrate your birthday with confetti. But did you know that there are so many ways to incorporate glitter into your everyday life? Glitter can be used in a variety of ways and it’s not just for fancy parties anymore.
One way to use glitter is on your hair. You can add it to dry shampoo or spray some hairspray on top of your head and let it dry naturally. When you go to brush out the hair later, you’ll have lovely little sparkles throughout your mane.
Another great way to use glitter is on your body. This can be done with body paint or a body wash that has some glitter in it. You’ll want to make sure that whatever product you choose has glitter that comes off easily so as not to irritate sensitive skin types like yourself or others around you.
Finally, if all else fails then why not just wear a t-shirt with glitter written across the front? This one is best reserved for special occasions only but if you’re looking for something fun and festive then this might be just what the doctor ordered.
Mix Up Your Nail Polish
Nail polish is one of the easiest ways to update your look, whether it’s for a holiday party or just a night out. But if you’re like most people, you have a few bottles of polish that are either too dark or too bright to wear regularly.
But there’s no need to throw them away! Instead, try mixing up your nail polish! All you need is an extra bottle of clear polish and some food coloring (or other small amounts of dye). You can add as much or as little color as you want, you’ll just need to do multiple coats until the color is saturated enough to show through your original color.
You can also mix up different shades of one color by adding different amounts of food coloring or dye. For example, if you want a deep red but don’t feel like buying another bottle, try adding some black food coloring until it reaches the desired shade. Or if you want a light blue with hints of green for springtime festivities, just add some white food coloring until it reaches the desired tone (and then add more green if needed).
Change A Lipstick
Sometimes, when you’re in the middle of a workday or just trying to get through the day, it can be hard to update your look. But when you know it’s coming up on New Year’s Eve and you want to look your best? It’s time to get those lipstick tubes out and start mixing and matching.
We’ve got some tips for easy ways to update your look for the new year:
1) Change up your lipstick shade. This can be as simple as swapping one shade out for another, but if you want to make an impact, try using a different color altogether.
2) Try a new color combination. You don’t have to stick with reds and pinks, there are lots of different shades that will work well together, especially if they’re complementary colors.
3) Add some sparkle! You can add glitter or even gold flecks to any lipstick color for an extra bit of shine. Just make sure not to overdo it, you want it to look like a subtle shimmer rather than like someone threw glitter on your face.
Put Down The Blush Brush And Try A Cream Formula
Powder blush is a staple in most makeup collections, but it can be tricky to apply. The powdery texture can sometimes leave you with a caked-on finish and an uneven application. Instead of reaching for your favorite powder brush and bronzer, try replacing them with cream blushes instead! Cream blushes are easier to blend out and are often more natural looking than their powder counterparts. They also tend to stay on longer than their powdered counterparts; some formulas even claim that they’ll last up to 12 hours without fading or smudging off your face!
The added benefit of using a cream formula? You get additional hydration as well, which means that your skin will look plump and healthy while still getting a gorgeous flush of color and all without having to worry about whether or not the color will transfer onto your clothing when you go out at night.
Take Your Skin Care Seriously
Your skin is the largest organ you have. It’s also one of the most important for maintaining your overall health. Skincare isn’t just about looking good; it’s about keeping your body healthy and preventing disease.
One of the easiest ways to take care of your skin is by using products specifically created for people with sensitive or acne-prone complexions (or both). The best products contain ingredients that help keep pores clean and prevent breakouts from forming across your face. They’ll also include salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide both common ingredients found in over-the-counter acne treatments which fight bacteria that cause pimples and blackheads on top of regular moisturizers that keep moisture locked in your pores so they don’t clog up with sebum (skin oil).
As we move into the new year, it’s a great time to think about how you can update your look. If you’re feeling like your wardrobe needs an upgrade, or if you’re looking for ways to freshen up your daily makeup routine, now is the perfect time to start exploring some of the trends that will be coming out this year.
The best part? With so many options out there, it doesn’t take much effort to find something that works for you, and then, all it takes is a little bit of practice and persistence until you’ve got it down.